Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wisdom Teeth

   On Tuesday, I took Adrian to the dentist to have his wisdom teeth taken out.  When I had mine done, many years ago, it was painful!  I had all 4 taken out and many complications with them.  That was when I found out that I didn't do well with anesthesia.  I was miserable for weeks after.  I had dry socket on two of the teeth, all 4 were impacted, and then the reaction to the medication.  It was an awful experience!
   When I was prepping Adrian for what to be ready for, I made sure he knew it was going to hurt.  They gave him a prescription for the good stuff.  I made sure to fill that right away, as I thought he would need it.  Silly me!
   We get into the office on time.  Fill out all of the paperwork and wait.  And wait.  And wait.  Almost two hours later, they called him back into the chair.  I waited an hour and a half for him to be done.
Meanwhile, there was a small child, about 4, in the waiting room with his Grandmother.  The kid was watching movies on his computer.  Loudly!  With no headphones.  Not only that, they were all pirated movies like Iron Man 2, Despicable Me, and something else I couldn't figure out.  I was the one who was in need of pain medication after all of this!
   The nurse comes out to tell me he was finished.  When I moved my car to their back entrance, they wheeled him out in a wheelchair.  He had the dopiest smile on his face.  When the nurse and I tried to put him into the car, he didn't want our help and almost hit his head on the roof.  She wished me good luck and laughed as she walked back into the office.
   The whole time on the drive home, I had to answer the same questions.  "No, I did not keep your teeth."  "Yes, the doctor said you did good."  "No, it was just the nurse and I who put you in the car."  "Yes, I will get you a shake eventually."  "No, you did not need 5 guys to put you in the car."  Mind you, the whole time I am trying not to laugh too hard.  Not easy given the situation!
The ride home

   When we got home, I helped him inside and onto the recliner.  That is when the funniest noise I have ever heard started.  It was like a hick-up/belch/croup-like sound.  It made me laugh so hard!  I couldn't stop laughing.  I figured that he was so out of it, I had to get it on video.  Thank goodness for my iphone!  When he realized what I was doing, he would just smile and make me laugh even harder.  I wish I would have taken more video, but I couldn't contain myself.  When I finally did, he passed out!   He woke up many hours later totally fine and pain free.  It's crazy how fast he recovered!
   He's doing fine now.  I showed him the videos and he just laughed.  He thought they were funny too.  I only posted them with his permission.  Too bad I can't post them her.  They are on my facebook page if you haven't seen them yet.  Sure to brighten up anyone's day!  I've watched it a dozen times and it still makes me laugh!

No comments: