Monday, August 2, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my boys.  They are on a block schedule that they call year round.  I think they are going to like it better this way.  Only time will tell.
The big man is very upset about one thing.  Uniforms!   You would think it was a bad word or something.  He cringes every time he hears the word.  We have to keep reminding him that it is not the end of the world!  Really?  He looks nice and grown up in it!
They both have to wear uniforms everyday.  For the younger school, they give them a week to get "adjusted".  Not sure why you need it, but my child plans on taking advantage of that week!  He picked out the most un-uniformed outfit he could find.  That's my boy!  
Don't they look cute?

Daddy just had to be in the picture too!  Just like every year!  He gave himself the morning off to take the kids to school.  I guess it is good to be the boss sometimes. 



We ended up walking to school this morning.  It was a good thing that we did!  You wouldn't believe all of the cars!  The parking lots were full, they lined the main streets, and all of the side streets too.  It was crazy out there.  It was a little under a mile, so no big deal.  Except I didn't realize that to get home, you had to go up the big hill.  I guess that's what happens when you go down it on the way there, huh?  Go figure!

While the kids have been at school, I had breakfast with my parents before they rolled out of town, did a little scrapbook shopping while I was on the other end of town, and stopped by Target for groceries.  Oh the freedom of shopping without children!  

I was then able to sit and rest for a little while at home.  I guess at some point I need to go get them this afternoon.  I am just enjoying the quiet.  That is, if you don't take into account the dogs snoring!  


No comments: